Radio Frequency (RF) micro needling devices use specially insulated or non-insulated needles that deliver high intensity radio frequency energy into the targeted tissue once the needles have broken through the skin. This treatment utilizes bipolar energy, putting heat far down into the layers of the epidermis and dermis. The aim behind this is to boost and revamp collagen and bring on the regeneration of the vital elastin cells. All of this can pave the way for a complexion that’s a lot softer and more resilient. If you want the surface of your skin to be a lot smoother and firmer, then this treatment may be just right for you. Pixel8 RF causes hemostasis and coagulation, which activates the manufacturing of collagen, to help make the skin firmer. We can tweak the depth of the microneedles for all specific treatment parts. This can come in particularly handy for patients who need treatment below their eyes, on their cheeks, and their foreheads. This gives a uniform warming effect to the deep tissue, which helps to stimulate new collagen fibers to grow, leading to significant improvement to skin quality and texture. The Pixel8 microneedling technology helps with fine lines, enlarged pores, wrinkles, acne scars, skin tightening, and stretch marks. The result is a nearly painless procedure that requires little to no downtime and can greatly improve wrinkling, scars, and skin laxity.
Traditional microneedling will deliver a positive effect over a few treatments; adding radiofrequency energy reduces the time it takes to see great results and increases the results seen. With Pixel8 RF microneedling, the results are produced faster, are more dramatic, and are longer-lived. The Pixel8 operates at a higher frequency for enhanced patient comfort and quicker treatment times. It also has a proprietary enhanced delay which enables patients of all skin types to benefit from non-insulated needles. This allows for more sustained uniform heating throughout the procedure that should yield more significant textural and tightening results.
• Firming skin on the face or body
• Diminishing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
• Reducing the appearance of scars (acne or injury-related)
• Improving the overall appearance and texture of the skin
• Tightening sagging skin on the face, neck, and body
• Minimizing the size of pores and/or acne scarring
• Improving droopy skin around the eyes (eyebrow or eyelid)
• Restoring more youthful appearance
Pixel8 RF microneedling combines two technologies commonly used for skin rejuvenation, radiofrequency and skin needling. RF technology relies on the resistance within the skin itself to convert RF energy into heat (thermal energy). This thermal energy causes collagen contraction and stimulation of collagen making cells (fibroblasts) to produce more collagen. Traditional skin microneedling causes physical trauma to the skin and through stimulation of the body’s own wound healing response also stimulates fibroblasts to produce more collagen. When combined, fractionated RF microneedling gives enhanced results than could not be achieved with either technology alone. Clinical studies show that microneedling RF can address the causes of aging, significantly reducing wrinkles and age spots while tightening and lifting the skin on the face and neck with minimal downtime and discomfort. It is less invasive than injectables and laser skin resurfacing while restoring youthful radiance
Lasers can help on a variety of levels to resurface the skin by repairing damage caused by the sun, aging, or scars. RF microneedling treatments offer similar resurfacing results, with less downtime and for all skin types that may make it a better option for some patients.
Yes. By itself, microneedling is capable of stimulating a higher production of collagen over time. However, when combined with radiofrequency, the effectiveness of these treatments increases tremendously due to how much more deeply the thermal energy of radiofrequency can reach the sub-dermal layers of skin.
As with all medical procedures, a consultation and examination are necessary prior to Pixel8 RF microneedling. For comfort during the treatment, a topical anesthetic cream is recommended over the area to be treated at least 30-45 minutes prior to the procedure being performed. During the procedure the device hand piece is passed over the skin. The fine needles penetrate the skin and the RF energy is delivered once the needles reach the desired depth (each pulse is less than 1 second). The procedure takes approximately 20-30 minutes to complete but will vary depending on the area/s being treated. Immediately following treatment your skin will feel warm but will not be painful, much like a mild sunburn. Over the following day(s) there may be mild redness and swelling. Bruising is uncommon.
• 1 day after the treatment there could be redness and transient edema (swelling).
• 3 days - 1 week post treatment your skin tone would be brighter and more even. If you have oily skin, you will notice significant reduction in sebum production.
• 1 month post treatment of RF Microneedling you would notice improvement in fine lines, wrinkles, and skin laxity. Improvement in pores size, scars, and over all complexion is also significantly noticeable.
• 1–3-month post RF Microneedling treatment you will notice continuous improvement in wrinkles reduction and skin laxity. Collagen production has improved and you can notice the fullness and plumpness of your skin.
The majority of patients tolerate the 20–30-minute Pixel8 RF microneedling treatment well. To help minimize discomfort during RF microneedling, a topical numbing agent is applied to the skin prior to treatment. Patients may notice a warm sensation and a pricking or scraping feeling during this treatment, but it is not typically painful. Following Pixel8 RF microneedling, it is normal to have some level of redness, swelling, irritation, and mild discomfort, but these symptoms usually resolve quickly on their own within hours.
Sessions generally take 20-30 minutes, based on the area being treated. For patients requiring more intensive sessions, the duration of a session may run 30 minutes to 45 minutes long. Most patients will begin to see improvement after a single session, however, to complete your aesthetic goals, it is recommended that patients do upwards of three sessions.
Pixel8 RF treatments are beloved by many, because this procedure is quite tolerable, recovering is quick and easy, and it yields great results. Getting treatment shouldn’t interfere with your schedule too much, either, as most people return to normal routines within the next day.
No, there should be no significant downtime from the treatment.
You can expect improvements in the first few weeks after your initial treatment. These improvements will increase over the next six months, as your body continuously produces new collagen.
Recommended at least 3 sessions, treatment once per month. Number of treatments vary depending on desired result.
Yes. Compared to laser treatments, the Pixel8 RF utilizes only radiofrequency energy. The microneedles are designed to precisely deliver the pulse towards the dermis tissues. Visually, there is no thermal damage made to the epidermis and almost completely removes any risks of post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation on dark skin types.
Yes. People are exposed to low levels of man-made radio frequencies daily. Devices such as TV, WiFi, and phones are one of the many examples of frequencies are exposed to. Studies have shown possible known risks with RF are potential burns made from thermal heating effects for people under the influence of high doses. However, the Pixel8 RF procedure uses a minimal amount of RF required under trained skincare specialists in order to ensure the best and safe results possible.
The Pixel8 RF microneedling device can be used on all skin types, anywhere on the body and all months of the year for anyone with concerns regarding mild/moderate skin quality, texture, and anti-aging
Used to smooth and tighten skin, slow the effects of aging, and address other skin texture concerns
• Accutane <6 months
• Electronic Implant: Pacemaker/Insulin Pump/LVAD/Internal Defibrillator
• Impaired immune system
• Active cold sore/fever blister
• Active sunburn/Direct sun exposure within 2 weeks
• Active Infection
• Fillers/Neurotoxin at treatment site within 2 weeks
• Metal plates at treatment site
• Daily use of anticoagulants
• Skin Disorder/Skin Cancer
• Bleeding Disorder
• Treatment within the orbital rim
• Practitioner’s discretion regarding other conditions
• Metal allergies: test spot recommended
• Sunless tanning within 2 weeks
• History cold sores/fever blisters (prophylactic antiviral necessary)
• Single use disposable tip
• Discontinue retinoids 3 days prior to treatment
• Avoid treatments such as chemical peels, IPL, lasers 2 weeks prior to treatment
• Reveal any medical conditions such as pregnancy, cold sore and fever blister tendencies, any type of allergy, recent facial peels or surgery, and all current medications (including both prescriptions and over-the-counter products) such as Accutane, tetracycline, hormone replacement therapy, or use of Retin-A.
• The patient must quit taking Accutane for 6 months prior to having a PiXel8-RF micro-needing treatment
• DO NOT perform a PiXel8-RF Micro-needling treatment on a patient if he/she has an electronic implant (Insulin pump, pacemaker, LVAD, etc)
• Do not use self-tanning lotions or tanning booths two weeks prior to your PiXel8- RF treatment. Do not sunbathe two weeks prior to your appointment.
• Do not use any irritating skin care products such as Retin-A or OBAGI for one week prior to treatment. • Avoid taking NSAIDs such as Advil, Motrin, Aleve, aspirin for 1 week prior to scheduled procedure.
• Areas of dental crowns, caps, braces, or other metal dental implants may be more sensitive to the treatment and the clinician may use gauze or a tongue depressor to isolate the area to make the treatment more comfortable.
• A certain degree of discomfort, redness, and/or irritation during and after treatment is expected. If any discomfort or irritation persists more than 24-hours, please notify the treatment facility.
• Tiny scabs (of less than 1 mm in diameter) may form 24-72 hours post treatment and may remain for several days. The scabs should not be touched or scratched (even if they itch) and should be allowed to shed naturally.
• During the first two (2) days following treatment, care should be taken to prevent trauma to the treated site: avoid hot baths, massage, irritating skin care products or exfoliants, etc. The skin should be kept clean to avoid contamination or infection; any mechanical or thermal damage to the area must be avoided.
• For burning sensation, spritz the treatment area with a diluted vinegar solution (1 tsp white vinegar per 8 ounces water)
• It is important to keep your skin moisturized after the treatment.
• You may have mild swelling for 1-3 days after your treatment. Patients may apply an icepack (NOT direct ice) to the irritated area for 1-2 days in approximately 15- minute sessions 3-4 times per day.
• Redness for 1-3 days is common. After 12-hours post procedure, the patient may apply a hydrocortisone cream 3-4 times per day to reduce redness.
• Makeup can be applied 12 hours after treatment.
• Avoid prolonged sun exposure or use of tanning bed for at least two weeks after the treatment, as the skin that was treated will be more sensitive to the sun after your Sublative treatment.
• Use a minimum of SPF 30 daily to protect your skin after your treatment.